DNA’s accredited program offers award winning, media-rich curriculums in a creative, loving environment. Our Elementary program is developed to ensure content mastery in language arts, math, science and social studies. Our Middle and High School programs are geared towards students seeking college preparatory and career path goals. The solid academic expectations, the credits required, and the level of instruction at the Academy qualify students to meet accreditation guidelines, North Carolina Department of Education standards, and university admissions criteria.
Our High School Academy seeks to train and assist students as they pursue their God given destiny by promoting college and career readiness. DNA’s High School programming provides individualized learning opportunities that will keep students engaged in their learning and focused on success. Our course and career readiness options successfully meet or exceed academic and training requirements to ensure career and college success skills. The program also strategically uses learning time in more meaningful ways, to include effective application of technology, redesigning school day and calendars as needed to allow individual students the flexibility necessary to pursue their passion areas. Our goal is to help enable students to succeed as they prepare to face the demands of the 21st Century.
CORE Curriculum - Ignitia
Ignitia is a web-based learning environment featuring a media-rich, online curriculum for grades 3 through 12. The courses can be accessed through any internet connection and browser using a personal computer (licensed for use by DNA). With 3-D animation, video clips, and other exciting multimedia, Ignitia is wonderful Christian school curriculum for today's students.
Unlike traditional textbook curriculums, Ignitia has a diverse, vibrant mix of entertaining lessons, assignments, and quizzes. Fun-filled lessons are created to captivate students' attention and engage them in learning. Interactive learning games, web links, and off-computer projects create opportunities for in-depth study. Ignitia's cutting-edge curriculum was created to offer flexibility, convenience, and quality academics!
IGNITIA KEYS FOR SUCCESS
1. Ignitia offers the traditional core subjects plus a variety of MANY exciting electives.
2. Parents may check their students’ progress daily, if they desire.
3. Students are encouraged to work with onsite teachers for academic support.
4. Students may ask for alternate tests or quizzes to be assigned if their scores are low.
5. Students are allowed to work at their own pace to move forwarding as they master the concepts.
English I • English II • English III • English IV
Algebra I • Algebra II • Calculus • Geometry • Integrated Math I • Pre-Algebra • Pre-Calculus • Trigonometry
Biology • Chemistry • Earth Science •
General Science I • General Science II •
General Science III • Physics
American History • Civics • Civil War •
Government and Economics •
Twentieth Century American History •
Vietnam Era • World Geography • World History
Bible Doctrine •
Christian Faith and Living •
New Testament Survey •
Old Testament Survey
• American Literature • British Literature • Business Computer Information Systems
• College Planner • Consumer Math • Digital Arts • Essentials of Business
• Essentials of Communication • Family and Consumer Science • Home Economics
• Foundations for Living • High School Health • Integrated Physics and Chemistry
• Music Appreciation • Music Theory • Music Composition • Personal Financial Literacy
• Physical Education • Physical Fitness • The Story of the Constitution
• Various Performing Art Tracks • Mass Media • Photoshop • Photography • Videography
• Web Design •Sound Engineering • Protools • Culinary Arts • Mechanics I • Golf • Tennis
*More detailed information available at 910-485-7383.
**NOTE: Some of the elective course work noted above will require additional fees that must be incurred in addition to the tuition.