DNA’s accredited program offers award winning, media-rich curriculums in a creative, loving environment. Our Elementary program is developed to ensure content mastery in language arts, math, science and social studies. Our Middle and High School programs are geared towards students seeking college preparatory and career path goals. The solid academic expectations, the credits required, and the level of instruction at the Academy qualify students to meet accreditation guidelines, North Carolina Department of Education standards, and university admissions criteria.
Intermediate - Middle School Academy (Grades 3-8)
Skills are further developed in Intermediate Academy (Grades 3-5) and Middle School Academy (Grades 6-8) with an even greater emphasis being placed on identifying and responding to each student's individual interests. Traditional grade level and accelerated tracks offer classes which not only meet the North Carolina Department of Education standards for promotion to high school but also foster growth in student passion areas. Course offerings and methods are chosen to best meet the need for quality academics and passion area development. Christian instructors help provide a biblical framework in all subject areas.
Core Curriculum - Ignitia
Ignitia is a web-based learning environment featuring a media-rich, online curriculum for grades 3 through 12. The courses can be accessed through any internet connection and browser using a personal computer (licensed for use by DNA). With 3-D animation, video clips, and other exciting multimedia, Ignitia is wonderful Christian school curriculum for today's students.
Unlike traditional textbook curriculums, Ignitia has a diverse, vibrant mix of entertaining lessons, assignments, and quizzes. Fun-filled lessons are created to captivate students' attention and engage them in learning. Interactive learning games, web links, and off-computer projects create opportunities for in-depth study. Ignitia's cutting-edge curriculum was created to offer flexibility, convenience, and quality academics!
IGNITIA KEYS FOR SUCCESS
1. Ignitia offers the traditional core subjects plus a variety of MANY exciting electives.
2. Parents may check their students’ progress daily, if they desire.
3. Students are encouraged to work with onsite teachers for academic support.
4. Students may ask for alternate tests or quizzes to be assigned if their scores are low.
5. Students are allowed to work at their own pace to move forwarding as they master the concepts.
Course Offerings (Grade Level Appropriate)
LANGUAGE ARTS SOCIAL STUDIES
Resource Electives ***
• Digital Arts & Photography • Public Speaking • Culinary Arts • Foundations for Living
• Music Appreciation • Art Appreciation • Physical Education • Passion Area of Study
• Intro to Computers • Accelerated Reader • Writer’s Workshops • Tae Kwondo • PE
• Act 1 – Drama for Kids
*More detailed information available at 910-485-7383.
**NOTE: Some of the elective course work noted above will require additional fees that must be incurred in addition to the tuition.